Entertaining: Easy Appetizers – Marinated Feta and Olives
Briny feta cheese and meaty kalamata olives are a classic combination of Greek flavors. This gorgeous, make-ahead appetizer delivers bold taste that will whet the appetite for dishes to follow.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups pitted kalamata olives
- 4 ounces feta, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, finely diced (including the peel, discard any seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Place the olives, feta, peppers, lemon and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Allow to stand at room temperature for one hour to blend the flavors. Toss in the parsley and serve. Serves 8 to 10
You might also like:
Enjoy our recipes? You’ll enjoy our cookbooks!
Have an appetite for food photography? Check out Adam’s e-book!
Content and photography © 2013 Hutchstone, LLC. All rights reserved.