The Stock Pot: Sensational Sides – Oven-Roasted Mushrooms with Butter, Garlic and Parsley
I try to shy away from using those recipe-related superlative adjectives, like Ultimate (well, this one is the exception). Or Perfect (okay, this one, too). Or Best Ever (but this is!). Opting, instead, for a more provocative descriptive word, like Sensational. See these mushrooms? These humble little fall guys are definitely worthy of that title when they’re tossed with some olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and butter and roasted in a hot oven until they’re a little caramelized and incredibly tender and delicious. A little minced parsley over the top right before you serve them makes them look so pretty. No more ho-hum side dishes for you, my friend! Once you try these ultimate, perfect, best ever morsels, you’ll agree that they are truly sensational!
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the mushrooms, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a shallow baking pan. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Scatter the butter evenly over the top and roast until the mushrooms are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle over the parsley. Serve warm.
Content and photography © 2012 Hutchstone, LLC. All rights reserved.